FAQs - Global Lock & Key
Not only locks and keys are essential for a property, their proper functioning is equally so. Whether it is for your house, office, car or personal safe – keeping them protected and maintained always remain on the top of your mind.
But what if you lose your keys? What if your house has already been burgled and you need to rekey your locks? What if you have kept your car keys inside it and is left stranded on the road late at night? What if you need a master key to manage your rented properties?
You will need a locksmith.
A good and reputed locksmith will have emergency mobile service and help you out efficiently. Global Lock and Key is available for you in South California and its suburbs with 24/7 locksmith services. If you are in need of a reputed locksmith just give us a call at +18669173539. We are certified and reliable.
Here you will find some common locksmith service questions answered.
- Can I install a keyless entry system in my home or business?
- What should I do if I lost my car keys?
- What is a master key?
- What locks provide highest security?
- My home was burglarized. What should I do?
- How can I get my home locks changed?
- Who do I call when I am locked out of my car?
- What should i do if my key is broken in the lock?
- What is Rekey a lock?
- What is most secure lock to prevent lock snapping?
- Can a locksmith cut a key from a number?
- My key just stopped working all of a sudden. How and why did this happen?
- Sometimes I need to jiggle the key in the lock to get it to turn. What should I do?
- I want all of my locks on my house to take the same key, can this be done?
- Someone has stolen my keys; and I need to change my locks. Does this mean I have to buy all new locks?
- Can you supply locks that can be operated by my existing key?
- Someone has stolen the keys to my car. What now?
- I lost the key to my car. Is there any way I can get a new key made?
- I have a safe and I don’t know the combination. Can you help me get it open?
- Can you change the combination on my safe?
- What types of payment do you accept?
- What sort of warranty is on your products and service work?
- Can I schedule a specific appointment time?
- What is a laser cut key?
- Is there such a thing as a key that can open all locks?
Can I install a keyless entry system in my home or business?
Yes certainly, we can install a keyless entry system for your residence or business space accurately to fortify your security.
Call Global Lock and Key at +18669173539 to find out whether a keyless entry is appropriate for your premises.
What should I do if I lost my car keys?
Call Global Lock and Key at +18669173539, immediately.
- Our mobile locksmith team will reach your location and open your vehicle and make you a new set of keys. Unlike smaller companies we take care not to harm your vehicle by using amateur tools and techniques. Our service is available for you 24/7.
What is a master key?
A master key is a key that can open several locks. It is usually kept with an authorized person, who needs to have access of opening several locks. In rented properties the manager generally has a master key, which he can use to open the premises occupied by the tenants, under emergency situations.
What locks provide highest security?
We suggest prevention is better than cure. Always remember to lock your doors and windows before you leave.
Call us at Global Lock and Key for consultation regarding the best possible solutions for the security of your home and office premises.
- With a number of effective options available at the market we will install one that provides highest security for you.
My home was burglarized. What should I do?
The first thing that you need to do after you are burglarized is change the locks of your doors and windows as early as possible.
Call us at +18669173539, for 24 hours emergency services.
- We uninstall your old locks and install ones that will provide you with better security. We are reliable and licensed locksmiths who provides dependable services for the security of your home and office.
How can I get my home locks changed?
Call Global Lock and Key now
- . Our services are prompt and we send the most reliable and skilled technician to uninstall your old locks and install new ones. Our charges and time taken are dependable on the number of locks that need to be changed- but usually we take less than an hour to complete a job.
Who do I call when I am locked out of my car?
Be sure to call Global Lock and Key
- to avoid damage of your vehicle. We have the skill and training to cut through the latest kinds of locks without causing any dents or scratches. Our mobile technicians are equipped with special equipment that can cut the right keys and connect to the transponder and unlock your vehicle within minutes.
What should i do if my key is broken in the lock?
Do not try to pry the broken key out of the lock with sharp objects.
- This would damage the wells of your lock and you may have to incur further expenses in replacing them. Call the professionals. Global Lock and Key has 24/7 emergency and mobile services to remove the broken parts of the key from the lock whether it is of your vehicle, residence or office. We take care to ensure that your lock is not damaged in the process.
What is Rekey a lock?
Rekeying a lock means changing the pins and tumblers within the lock well, without replacing it as a whole. This is often a preferred option when you have lost your keys. The trained locksmiths of Global Lock and Key will reach your residence or office complex and get your lock re keyed in no time for fortifying your security, and provide you with a new set of keys.
What is most secure lock to prevent lock snapping?
The three most secure locks Global Lock and Key would recommend to you install that can help you to avoid lock cylinder snapping are:
- Locks that come with SS312 Diamond Standard approval
- Locks that have TS007 3star rated cylinders with BSI Kite mark
- Door handles and escutcheons that have 2 star Kite marked protection in combination with 1 star Kite marked lock cylinders.
Can a locksmith cut a key from a number?
Yes, an experienced locksmith can cut a key from a number. The numbers that is needed are the code numbers on the locks. The key codes are generally found marked on the front of front of cabinet locks, car door lock barrels, ignition locks and more. In case of car keys the ‘vin number’ is used to cut keys and replace the lost ones. You can find the “vin” number in the car’s owner’s manual or at other locations depending on the manufacture of the car.
My key just stopped working all of a sudden. How and why did this happen?
This can happen in two situations. Either your keys have become too dry and need to be lubricated or they have worn out from use and need to be replaced. Inspect your keys carefully and find out the exact reason. Use a recommended lubricating oil for car lock and keys, spray it on the keys and into the lock hole too. In case if the keys look worn out, you need to get them replaced from a reliable locksmith or have the cylinder re-keyed.
Sometimes I need to jiggle the key in the lock to get it to turn. What should I do?
If you need to jiggle your keys in the lock too often, it means that both the key and the lock cylinder is worn out considerably. In this case you need to get a code cut key made by a good locksmith. If that does not solve the problem you may have to get the lock cylinder re-keyed as per the factory specifications.
I want all of my locks on my house to take the same key, can this be done?
Yes it can certainly be done. An expert locksmith can re-key all the locks according to the code of a single key, if the key that you have slides into them. In cases of the locks which do not allow your key, you need to replace them with ones that match your keys.
Someone has stolen my keys; and I need to change my locks. Does this mean I have to buy all new locks?
No, you need not replace your locks. A trusted and trained locksmith can change the pins of your existing locks, replace the existing codes and make them as good as new. They will also supply you with new set of keys for them.
Can you supply locks that can be operated by my existing key?
Yes, Global Lock and Key has the expertise to re-key new locks. You can purchase new locks from us and get them re-keyed.
Someone has stolen the keys to my car. What now?
Your best option would be to call us. Yes, in case if you have lost your car keys and do not have the access to the duplicate one, call a locksmith. We can re-key the vehicles locks and provide you with a new set of keys. We are also able to replace transponder keys to prevent burglary.
I lost the key to my car. Is there any way I can get a new key made?
Yes we can get a new set of car keys made for you, if you have lost yours. We usually get the code of the lock from the number marked around the lock barrel and cut a key according to it. If we cannot get the code or the ‘vin’ number, we dismantle the car lock, determine the code and prepare a new set of keys.
I have a safe and I don’t know the combination. Can you help me get it open?
The Global Lock and Key locksmiths are expert in opening safes. We take care to open safes meticulously so as not to cause any damage to them. We also install, repair and replace safes.
Can you change the combination on my safe?
Yes we change and reset any safe combinations.
What types of payment do you accept?
Making payments is easy with us, we accept cash, all major credit and debit cards. Discover Card and AMEX.
What sort of warranty is on your products and service work?
The products that we stock and sell have individual manufacturer’s warranty. Our services come with 1 year warranty from our end.
Can I schedule a specific appointment time?
Global Lock and Key is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week at your service. You can certainly schedule an appointment at your convenience. We will let you know about the availability of our staffs at the specified time and accommodate you as early as possible.
What is a laser cut key?
Laser Cut keys are keys made for all cars manufactured after 1990. As the name suggests, they are cut by laser. Thicker in size than normal keys, the signature mark of laser cut keys is the winding slit cut along the length of the keys, instead of the notches that are found on regular keys. The benefit of laser keys are that they are more precise and have longer life. Most laser car keys also contain a transponder chip. Every transponder chip is programmed for a specific car. You cannot start the ignition unless you carry the transponder chip near to ignition switch. This makes it difficult for car to be stolen.
Is there such a thing as a key that can open all locks?
Yes, a Master Key does that. Having a master key is different from getting your locks re-keyed. Once a set of locks are re-keyed you will get a key that opens all of them. Whereas a Master key is a secondary key that can open all locks of a premise in spite of the fact that the locks have their individual keys. It is usually kept for emergency purpose and with someone who has the authority to open the locks.
Call Global Lock and Key at +18669173539 for authentic and professional consultation in providing the best and effective solutions for strengthening the security of your residence, commercial space and vehicle in Southern California.