Install A Deadbolt Lock with the help of our Professional & Licensed Simi Valley Locksmith at Affordable Price
This should come as good news for you and that is a deadbolt lock offers excellent security to your home from any sort of unwanted guests coming and creating disturbance. There are broadly two types of deadbolt locks comprising of one or two cylinders. With the help of a single cylinder, it can be opened only from the outside with the help of a key. In case of a double cylinder it can be opened from both the inside as well as the outside with the help of a key.
Tools Required to Install a Deadbolt Lock
- Hole Saw
- Power Drill
- 7/8 Inch Spade
- Chisel, screwdriver and chisel
Tips to Install the Deadbolt Lock
- Select the spot and drill a 1 and a half inch diameter hole through the door. In case the saw does not make it through the door, then keep in mind to make the exact spot on the other side of the door as well. This would help the hole saw to be used on the other side as well.
- The 7/8 inch spade is used to drill the hole right in the middle of the door edge. Along with this, an additional 3/8 inch needs to be drilled on the sides of the hole. This makes the process of putting the bolt in the hole that is on the edge of the door an easy task.
- The mounting plate should be placed on the door and traced around. With the help of the chisel, cut out the door so that the plate is flush with the surface. The installation of the plate can be done with the help of two screws.
- Following this, the deadbolt cylinders can also be installed on the door. That’s not all, the drive bars must be kept engaged as well as secured with the help of the screws.
- Two holes need to be drilled of 7/8 inch in diameter and 1 1/8 inch in depth right in the center of the bolt location.
- The plate fits perfectly into the jamb and can be secured with the help of screws. The mounting plate needs to be traced and chiseled ¼ inches deep.
In order to get your peace of mind, you need to install the deadbolt lock and this would require a total of one hour of your time.
Installation of deadbolt lock is easy because we have a team of professional locksmiths in Simi Valley. We are available 24x7 to solve your problems and install lock services for your safety and security.