Holidays are the best time when families and friends come together to celebrate the season. It is also a time of the year where gift giving is one of the traditions among the family and friends. It is a joyous time for all. Unfortunately, burglars view it as a season to burglarize new gifts regardless of the fact whether they are expensive or not.
Safety during the holidays is a must. This is the best way to secure the family, and the surrounding from burglary is by following some holiday safety tips:
- Home Checks: Talk to the local police department to periodically cruise the home when you will be away
- Alert the neighbors: Inform your vacation plans to one of the trusted neighbors or friends. In this way they can be aware of any suspicious activity happening around the home that you live in. Keep your spare keys with them so that they can check the house for any sort of burglary and also remove any packages or accumulated newspapers.
- Help from the police: Schedule a police officer to check the residence for security purposes.
- Update the alarm: Inform the alarm company about the vacation you planned. Provide them with a phone number with the help of which they can reach you. Also give them the number of the neighbor or friend to whom you have given your number. If the alarm triggers off, the company will be talking to the neighbor or friend.
- Secure the house: Security for your home is important. Make sure that all the locks in the house work. Repair any cracks that may have appeared on the doors and windows. Set a pin lock to the garage door if it opens by remote. Add bars to sliding doors to make the house more secure.
- Stop delivery: While on vacation, call the post office and newspaper service and tell them to hold any form of mails or newspapers while you are away from your house.
- Conceal the Valuables: Do not let others know what valuable products you have in the house. Either remove them from the view of the public or draw the curtains. These way burglars will not have an idea as to what valuables you have in the house.
If you want to maintain the safety during the holidays, then you must keep the above safety tips in mind. If you are looking for professional help, then Globallockandkey is the best option for you. They are affordable and their safety products and methods are really of class quality.