Holidays are approaching quickly. Many people involve themselves in preparation and find ways and means to welcome the holiday season. Whether you are traveling to spend time with family outdoors or staying indoors, it is very important to remember that in this festive season, burglaries and break-ins are at its highest.
Winter home safety is crucial. In order to protect the loved ones, one must avail various home security tips in order to save the family from burglary.
- Secure All The Doors And Windows: Keep all the doors and windows closed and locked. Use dead bolts for garage doors. For securing sliding glass doors, place a piece of plywood on the track of the sliding door to prevent further access.
- Valuable Visibility Should Be Decreased: Do not keep valuable items or articles in places where they can be visible from outside of your house. This will only attract burglars to ransack the home.
- Light up the house: With the help of exterior lighting and motion sensors, light up the house at night. Extra lighting will make it difficult for burglars to intrude without being seen.
- Clear All The Entrances: Keep the shrubs and plants trimmed away from entrances. Although they may seem to be pretty, they serve as a hiding place for burglars. You can also place the small shrubs near your door for decorative purposes.
- Use The Alarm: Make sure that the alarm system is properly installed and programmed. Also, make sure that the security system warning sign is visible to the public.
- Stop Any Form Of Delivery: Nothing screams you are outdoors like a pile of mail and newspapers lying outside of the house. Call the authorities and have the mail and paper stopped while you are gone so that burglars do not know you are out of town.
- Inform Neighbors: Let the neighbors know that you are out of town for some days. Notify the time you will be back. This will give the house extra protection and allow the neighbors to report anything that they may seem to be suspicious.
- The Police: Many police departments provides periodical checks. Contact one of the police officers; tell them that you will be going out of town. Also tell them the date and time you will be back and let him/her check the house occasionally to prevent any form of burglary.
Winter home safety can be assured with the above Home Security Tips. If you want your home to be completely secured then avail the best professional help. Globallockandkey has proved to be the best security providers with their quality service.